Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tonight I had the Cheese Ravioli with Basil Tomato Sauce-



I have this phobia of heating things in plastic so my little pyrex dish is the perfect size for most of these meals. There are 2 decent sized ravilois in there. I was excited to see sliced mushrooms too! You may think only 2! Hey too many of these is why we are overweight! Here is what my whole meal looked like.



Yes people this is everything that I was allowed tonight. Veggie,Veggie, fruit, nutrisystem meal, fat and carb. The purple container is my water bottle. I have been assuming that it holds 2 8oz water but it really holds 4! So I have really been doing well with my water intake. I always was a huge water drinker. I was told you should drink half your weight in water so that has always been my goal.


Well back to the food. I have to say this hasn't been one of my favorites. It wasn't bad it just wasn't that great. The sauce was really good but the filling in the raviolis was pasty dry. Thank goodness for the sauce to mask the powdery taste to it. I'm not saying I'll never order it again but I think the side dishes made the meal for me tonight.

Tonight I went with the fudge brownie for dessert.


Since I didn't have my dairy/protein serving for my snack this afternoon I had it with my brownie. This was good. I was a bit suprised by how tiny it was but I think it's becuase I was waiting for my chocolate fix all day and in my mind my brownie was bigger. Of course in the past my brownies were twice this size with ice cream on top.

So far I am seeing how Nutrisystem is not a diet. It's here to teach us that we can still have all the normal food we love, we just need to learn how to portion control. These meals show us exactly how much. Maybe it will get embedded in our minds by the time we lose what we need to. Plus it's making sure we eat the veggies, fruit, protein and dairy we need daily. It's making me eat more veggies that's for sure.

I havn't added exercise to the routine yet. I am letting myself get use to this for now. I don;t want to go overboard and then fall off. Baby steps....

No comments: