Monday, September 27, 2010

The day has come!

I finally decided this was the week to get myself back to making healthier eating choices for myself. I know a lot of the reasons why my cycle is so messed up is because of this weight. I want to stop thinking that it is me keeping myself from getting pregnant. The only thing I haven't followed through with since being diagnosed with PCOS is drop 10% of my weight to jump start everything. Instead when everything else hasn't worked, I have adopted self pity and used foods to cope. That stops now!


I went grocery shopping this weekend and grabbed a whole bunch of fruits I enjoy, some yogurts I can add in, my brother in law gave us a bunch of veggies from his garden and I also grabbed some extras for salads and such. Hubby even said he would plan for his and Kaila's dinners so that will keep me from the temptation of munching while preparing theirs. I also found a bag of thin mint fudge bars in the pantry and told him to put them by the coffee pot at work. Let them nibble them...lol! Hubby started the biggest loser challenge at work last week so he'll have to hold himself accountable. I am making this healthy change for myself and have to stop trying to help him make healthy choices for himself. It just makes me upset with him and then I binge. Like I said he needs to be accountable for himself.



So I received my box (it was very exciting too!) on September 1st and had so much fun digging through all the goodies! It was a great start to a Muggy Monday that's for sure! Which reminds me it was in the 80's and when I grabbed some of my chocolate goodies out they were mushy so they have been in the freezer since I can't imagine what they will look like when I pull them out..lol! Even though I didn't start as soon as I got my box I have been making better eating choices for myself. For instance yesterday was my cousin b-day. There was tons of junk food and some healthy choices. His sister gave me 2 cups of delicious Teavana tea (Totally hitting the Walden Galleria Mall up for some of that later this week) while I nibbled on some carrot sticks, green peppers and mushrooms. Then from there I did have the tinniest slice of pizza. Which normally I would have hit the chips and buffalo wing dip first then devoured a few slices of pizza. I entered all my info into the nutrisystem food journal so I could be held accountable. I have also dropped 5 lbs too! I don't know why I hesitated starting as soon as my box arrived. Normally I jump right in. This is definitely a different approach but hey I didn't stick to it then so hopefully this is what I needed to get my booty going. During those that time I also was reading an awesome blog which she is total motivation! I learned so many different ways I can amp up the main nutrisystem meals so I do not get bored with them. Oh plus I didn't know but you don't just eat what they give you! You add fruits, veggies, dairy and more protein!

Here is my breakfast this morning-
Apple cinnamon oatmeal with 1 cup sliced strawberries (fruit serving) and string cheese (dairy/protein serving). I did not like this oatmeal my first bite. As you can see in the pic it was thick and rubbery! I like it thinner so I added some more hot water to thin it out and then I loved it! Next time I will put it in for less time.


Here is my 1st nutrisystem lunch-


It was cheesy potatoes BUT I found a recipe to make it into a potato salad here. It was delish! I also had some baby carrots with it. I was going to refrigerate and eat it cold but I tasted it warm and it was fine that way so why wait? Of course afterwards my stomach started to hurt so I am hoping it wasn't that.






No comments: