Saturday, July 22, 2006

Been Busy!

I have so been slacking on updates!
I'll blame the gym...lol!
No with the recent birth of my niece, going to the gym, Kaila's tennis lessons and softball I just haven't had time to post on here.
I have however been very good with going to the gym. The trainer told me to do only 15 minutes a day of cardio. I stuck to that for a day...Then kicked it up to 45 minutes. I know what I can handle and have had no problems keeping to that. This week I only got to the gym 3 times. I am not upset with myself at all. We had 2 softball games after work so it was a no go. I could have gone on Friday but they are way too busy and I plan on that being my day off. I do want to get there at least 6 days a week though for cardio.
On Kiala's days for tennis I go walk around the track (it's around the football field) 3 times at a steady pace..Plus I go to the gym later. I have been doing my strength training as well. She has me doing a lot with my arms, a few for my abs and my legs. I guess it's for beginners. The first day I was sore the next morning but it's not so bad now. I even have myself doing more reps than she suggested. 6 weeks from the day I started I get re-evaluated (measured , weighed) and they give me a new strength training plan. I am supposed to change my cardio daily between: treadmill, recumbent bike and elliptical but I have been doing trdmill. The elliptical I can only get in 5 minutes! I am dying by then. The recumbent is too boring. It's also not a smooth ride. I figure once I get my cardio built up I'll give the elliptical a try again....

No comments: